In this introductory barista course for beginners, you will learn fundamental coffee-making skills required to make drinks from the coffee menu.
This class is suitable for aspiring baristas looking for work and home baristas who would like to learn how to make better coffee at home.
You will learn how to correctly dose, tamp, and extract consistently delicious espresso using only proven up-to-date techniques.
From there you will learn to steam the perfect jug of silky smooth milk to create all the popular drinks on today’s coffee menu including the latte, flat white, and cappuccino.
You will have access to unlimited coffee beans and milk to practice with. With our small class sizes, we guarantee you’ll walk away making better coffee than you did walking in.
- Learn how to operate a commercial espresso machine and coffee grinder
- Understand accepted espresso standards and guidelines for coffee
- Brew ratios for espresso coffee
- How, why and when to adjust the grind setting for a correct espresso pour
- Correctly texture milk for silky microfoam
- Learn to make all the coffees on the coffee menu
- How to clean the espresso machine with back-flush detergent
There are no prerequisites or requirements to join this barista course.
We recommend this barista course if:
- You have little to no experience making coffee
- You’re looking to find a job as a barista
- You make coffee at home and would like to learn proper coffee making techniques
- Coffee enthusiasts and home baristas
- You’ve made coffee before but would like to learn proper techniques
There's more to coffee making than just throwing the beans in the grinder and putting it into a machine.
Bean types, grind settings, dosing, tamping, extraction, milk steaming, and milk pouring all have to come together to produce consistently delicious coffee, every single time.
But it’s not as difficult as it may sound; we make espresso drinks everyday and we want you to be able to as well.
Learning a new skill can be daunting, and there are many ways to learn. Coffee-making is no exception. You can learn by reading a book or even watching a video and then trying to figure it out on your own.
In our experience, a barista course is a fantastic way to complement your learning style. Learning the basics of coffee making from an expert barista trainer can slash your learning time by months!
A simple investment of a few hours and a little bit of money into a barista course can potentially save you years of frustration and bad coffee.
Thanks to our small group sizes, our barista trainers will be able to quickly spot and correct any mistakes you make ensuring you don't develop bad habits.
If you're looking for a fun day out with friends or family, a barista course is a great way to spend a day.
Did we mention all you can drink coffee?