Get job-ready with our Cafe Professional Practices course!
This barista course will focus on professional practices for the modern barista currently undertaking or looking at applying for paid work in a specialty cafe.
Key topics include:
- Developing cafe systems to improve speed and consistency
- Improve espresso and steamed milk quality
- Order processing techniques
- Cafe simulation - making drinks under time restrictions
- Learning to dial in a grinder to a prescribed recipe
- Programming recipes into volumetric shot buttons on the machines
By the end of this barista course, you will have the critical tools and practical skills required to make coffee in a commercial environment.
Click “What you will learn” for a complete breakdown of the topics covered in this barista course!
- Streamlining workflow to improve speed and efficiency behind the coffee bar
- Improving technical skills to improve extraction consistency and milk steaming
- Advanced order processing techniques
- Making coffee in a simulated cafe environment with a focus on workflow
- Learn to dial in coffee grinders to a prescribed recipe
- Learn to program machine volumetrics (shot buttons)
Completion of Espresso Basics Barista Course or you are comfortable operating an espresso machine and coffee grinder.
We recommend this barista course if:
- You’d like to take your career to the next level
- You want to make consistently delicious coffee
- You would like to improve your speed behind the coffee bar