Inspired by the groundbreaking book, Water for Coffee, by World Barista Championship finalist, Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood and computational chemist, Christopher Hendon, this suite of calculators is will help you design custom brewing water so you can brew the best coffee from scratch.
- Stock mineral concentrates calculator gives you recipes to create concentrates of Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity (KH/Buffer) at any desired concentration and volume from common salt sources of your choice
- Water recipe design calculator, allows you to create recipes for any water, including a full break down of ions based on the salts you have used, TDS and scaling/corrosion potential
- Corrosion and limescale prediction calculator of your coffee brew water. Useful for determining a DIY water recipe’s suitability for espresso machines
- Direct dosing calculator gives you a full analysis of the water you made based on masses of salts dosed into distilled water
- Dilution calculator allows you to create premixed concentrates at fixed General Hardness and Alkalinity (KH/Buffer) for dilution. Use this calculator if you already have a favourite water recipe and not interested in changing water specs
- Titrations calculator for the Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro test kit. This has been adapted for higher resolution to make it more usable for coffee by increasing the analyte volume
Please log in to your Google account and save a copy of this calculator to your own Google Drive (File > Make a copy).
When an update is available, we will let you know on the front page.