Our COVID-safe Plan
Coronavirus policies and protocols
The Espresso School is committed to keeping you healthy and safe whilst still delivering you an excellent coffee education in these trying times with COVID-19 (coronavirus).
As part of our COVID-safe plan and response to the Coronavirus pandemic, The Espresso School will be strictly enforcing the following measures effective immediately:
- A reduction of class numbers from 10 students to 5 to comply with social distancing rules (4 sqm per person)
- Each student to have their own workstation, coffee machine, grinder and accessories to reduce cross-touch contamination
- Stringent and frequent sanitisation of high touch surfaces and equipment between classes
Additionally, all students are required to:
- Return a body temperature at or below 37.4 degrees Celsius to be admitted entry
- Complete contactless sign in via QR code for contact tracing prior to entry
- Wash hands with hand soap prior to entry
- Wear a face mask whilst on-premises at all times – no exceptions
Additionally, all students are:
- Encouraged to wash hands using soap or sanitise using alcohol rub whenever practical
- (Coming soon) required to complete theory components online ahead of time via video, text and quizzes
If you have been in contact with someone who is suspected to have or has COVID-19, please do not enrol in our classes until your 14 day self-isolation period has concluded and have tested negative for COVID-19.
If you feel unwell, or show even mild cold or flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sneeze, runny nose etc), we kindly request you do not attend your scheduled class. Please inform us immediately and we will issue you a credit note for you to attend a future class at no cost.
We will continue to monitor the situation and advice from the Australian and Victorian governments and update our protocols and policy accordingly.
Your health and safety is a matter of great importance to us and we hope to see you in our classes soon.
The Espresso School